Mr. Shearer has over 30 years of experience in the trust and investment industry of which 20 years have been with Old National Wealth Management (formerly Tower Trust Company). He earned a B.S. in Finance from Indiana University in 1986 and completed the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program in 1994. Gary has been very involved in community activities over the years, having served as Board Chair for the Jorgensen Family YMCA, the Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne, the Mustard Seed Furniture Bank and Visit Fort Wayne. He serves as a member of the IBA Trust Committee, the Mustard Seed Furniture Bank Board Development Committee, the Endowment Fund Committee of Christ’s Community Church, the CFA Institute and the CFA Society of Indianapolis.
Old National Wealth Management (formerly Tower Trust Company), 1999 to date
- Senior Vice President, Client Advisor Manager – Old National Wealth Mgmt.
- President & CEO – Tower Trust Company
- Executive Vice President – Tower Financial Corp.
National City Bank/Fort Wayne National Bank/Valley American Bank, 1990 to 1999
- Vice President, Reg. Manager of Charitable and Endow. Services – NCB
- Vice President, Chief Investment Officer – Fort Wayne National Bank
- Vice President, Investment Officer – Valley American Bank (So. Bend, IN)
American National Bank (Vincennes, IN), 1986 to 1990
- Asst. Vice President, Trust Officer – American National Bank
- BS in Finance, Indiana University, 1986
- Chartered Financial Analyst, 1994
Current Volunteer Activities
- Visit Fort Wayne – currently serves as a member of the Board.
- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank of Fort Wayne, Inc. – currently serves as a member of the Board Development Committee.
- Christ’s Community Church – currently serves as a member of the Endowment Fund Committee.
- IBA Trust Committee – currently serves as a member of the committee, 1999 to present
- CFA Society of Indianapolis – currently serves as a member of the Society, 1994 to present
- CFA Institute – currently serves as a member of the Institute, 1994 to present
Previous Volunteer Activities
- Jorgensen Family YMCA – Board Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Board Member
- YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne – Metro Board, Board Member
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne – Board Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Board Member
- Anthony Wayne Area Council of Boy Scouts – Board Member
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic Orchestra – Board Member
Gary has been married to wife Laura since 1989. Two children; Parker age 27 and Amanda age 25. Born and raised in Marion, IN and has been a lifelong resident of Indiana. Enjoys spending time with family, the outdoors, fishing, water skiing, wake boarding, snow skiing, “tinkering” around the house and garage, and rooting for IU basketball/football, the Colts and the St. Louis Cardinals.